.:Console Galaxy:.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:Console Galaxy:.

Where gaming becomes reality!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Super Mario Bros. 1-4

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete993
The Ultimate Mario Fanatic

Super Mario Bros. 1-4 Empty
PostSubject: Super Mario Bros. 1-4   Super Mario Bros. 1-4 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 5:51 am

Well I'm sure most of you have heard of Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) right? Well if not then look here. Now here is where things get odd... There are TWO versions of SMB2 that are completely different. The USA version is simple a remake of another Japanese game called Doki Doki Panic. It's not a remake really... more like the same freaking whole game with Mario characters to replace the main characters and one or two other changes. The Japanese version of SMB2 is just like the first one. Same graphics and everything. Just new levels... And they are LOADS harder. So hard in fact that they decided it was too hard for American players so they never released it here. However it has made its way into our area with several methods under the name SMB: The Lost Levels. Anyways then they have SMB3 and Super Mario World or as known in Japan Super Mario Bros. 4. So what exactly is the point of all this? Well other than a little Mario history it's about a game called Super Mario Frustration aka Super Mario Forever. It's a hacked version of SMB and is insainly hard. Way harder than SMB2. And that's saying something. Here just look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG7CE5HHhPY (Warning this vid has much cussing in it.) OK so you know what I think? This should be named Super Mario Bros. 3 in keeping with the fact that SMB2 was much harder than SMB. Ok and guess what? There is ANOTHER game known as Syobon Action aka Cat Mario. It's a hack that is actually completely custom made. Different images and everything. However most of it looks the same. You are simply playing as a cat about the size of Mario with white enemies that do several different things. However there is one big difference... Nearly everything will kill you. Not kidding. Even CLOUDS can kill you. Plus stuff like collapsing floors and ceilings, enemies flying out of nowhere, and most everything is a trap. Mushrooms will make you grow yes but so much that you fall through the floor! And at the end of every level there is always something that will kill you even after you have touched the goal. Oh yes and the goal will sometimes shoot you. Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp3SzkGs7XA (Again lotta cussing.) And this is why it deserves the title of Super Mario Bros. 4. Thanks for reading this pointless post. If you actually read it that is...
Back to top Go down
Lothere
The Cheerful Mod
The Cheerful Mod
Lothere

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Bros. 1-4   Super Mario Bros. 1-4 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 6:06 am

Wow. That was very long and very educational and very confusing for my non-Marioish brain. I had to read it 3 times before I actually got it. And don't you think those Japanese game people are kinda snobby? They're like, "Oh, this new game is way too hard for those stupid Americans. I guess we shouldn't release it there." I hate games where everything can kill you. Clouds are nothing but condensed water vapor. What, is the cat afraid of getting a little wet?
Back to top Go down
http://youmakebunnycry.wordpress.com/
LakituX
Admin
LakituX

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Bros. 1-4   Super Mario Bros. 1-4 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:45 am

Lothere wrote:
And don't you think those Japanese game people are kinda snobby? They're like, "Oh, this new game is way too hard for those stupid Americans. I guess we shouldn't release it there."
It's the other way around. Nintendo of America didn't want to release the game so they went cheap on us.
Back to top Go down
https://consolegalaxy.darkbb.com
Pete993

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Bros. 1-4   Super Mario Bros. 1-4 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:13 pm

LakituX wrote:
Lothere wrote:
And don't you think those Japanese game people are kinda snobby? They're like, "Oh, this new game is way too hard for those stupid Americans. I guess we shouldn't release it there."
It's the other way around. Nintendo of America didn't want to release the game so they went cheap on us.
Yep. We think it's cause the person in charge couldn't beat it so he said they wouldn't release it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Bros. 1-4   Super Mario Bros. 1-4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Mario Bros. 1-4
Page 1 of 1